Hey everyone, I am writing this to hopefully get some help and shine a light on the issues I have been having with the embedded dialer. Look forward to hearing some feed back and to see if any others are running in to the same obstacles I am.
Hi @TCATC - I am so sorry that you and your team are experiencing so many obstacles with the embedded dialer and this was your first post in the Community.
I can only imagine how frustrating this is, especially when you have other tasks that need your attention. Readjusting mic and headset settings over and over, security settings being forgotten/lost, and the many other items you listed . . . enough to get even the most seasoned professional a bit frustrated. I'm sorry.
I've reached out to our Product team to better understand how we/they might be able to assist you with these valid points. As soon as I hear anything, I will reach out and keep you updated.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Update: After action was taken by ST to fix the DialPad issue we had one day (sort of) where it was smoothing sailing.
Password Resets: I was messaged many times by nearly the whole CSR department stating that they could only get in to DialPad after they reset their password. Some had to do it more than once. Today was the same I watched many CSRs reset their passwords and DialPad would tell them it was still incorrect. Persistence appears to be the fix here, just keep resetting the password till it lets you in.
Headset Permission (again): I had tech support on with me for nearly 2 hours and she couldn’t figure out why the embedded dialer was saying the headset did not have permission despite us granting permission. She finally said she was going to escalate the ticket. Next, I rebooted the computer (again) and it magically worked.
Clear the Cache: Between yesterday and today I have lost track of the amount of times I have told people to clear the cache and the amount of times I was asked by tech support “did they clear the cache?” The effectiveness of this procedure needs to be reevaluated.
Productivity Killer: We have a small IT department here and I have now spent nearly the entire day trying to get our CSRs up and running. We DO NOT have the time to support a singular subpar product all day as other IT issues may arise.
Conclusion: Well, everything in my original post still stands; in addition to what’s happened over the last two days. This software IS NOT READY!
I agree with you. We turned on this product last month and made it about 10 days before realizing that this product is not ready for prime time. Every issue you had we did too. First we thought it was the new wireless headsets (the titan recommended units). So we actually switched back to the wired ones ( also recommended) and the issue persisted. We switched account types and no longer have embedded dialer at all. We strictly use the Dialpad app and it has worked great since.
it’s not the advanced seat we originally hoped for but the basic seat provides us with more functionality than we had with our previous provider anyway.