Pricebook categories- Please add to little things I hate....

jamied
Contributor

We recently completely redid our old price book which grew unwieldly through the years. 

We customized price book pro and deactivated everything else from the old price book.  

When editing, adding or reorganizing a new category OR new service- the drop down menu of categories includes the old deactivated categories.  Not only is is confusing, but its a big headache and time waste trying to untangle the mess that's created if a new service is inadvertently added to a deactivated category. 

Once categories are deactivated, they should no longer show up as a selection choice in the price book along with the active categories.  Please correct this.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

e_dunn
Former Titan

This is a good idea and seems like it would help make you and your team more efficient. I would encourage you to share this idea with our Product team via the Ideas board. Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so others can upvote your idea!

This is not an idea for something new.  It's is an issue that was overlooked or the editors were not aware of how things are used in the real world.  It's an problem that should be fixed, not a new idea for efficiency. 

Hi @jamied - I am a Product Manager for Pricebook. You're right, this is an issue. As a matter of fact, it's a bug. We have it logged and the dev team will fix it soon. I'll follow up when it's fixed. 

Any update?

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We had same issue with categories so I renamed them something short and unique but message was clear it wasn't to be used.  Kind of a pain for us too.  And agree with you on the inactives being with the actives.