What steps should I take to resolve QuickBooks Error 5502?

jivicav575
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error 5502 when attempting to sync or update my bank information. The error seems related to connectivity or file issues. I’ve tried reconnecting my bank account and updating QuickBooks, but the issue persists. Has anyone else dealt with Error 5502? Any solutions or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tomusjoe589
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 5502 typically occurs when there are issues with the synchronization or downloading of transactions, often linked to discrepancies between QuickBooks and bank records.

Reasons why QuickBooks Error 5502 occurs?:

1. Bank Data Discrepancies: Mismatches or errors in data between your bank and QuickBooks can trigger this error.
  2. Invalid Bank Account Information: Incorrect or outdated bank account details in QuickBooks.

Stepwise guide to fix QuickBooks Error 5502:

1. Verify Bank Account Information: Ensure that your bank account details are correctly entered and up-to-date in QuickBooks.
  2. Re-sync Accounts: Go to the Banking menu, select 'Bank Feeds,' and attempt to re-sync or reconnect your bank account.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks by checking for updates.

If the error persists, consult QuickBooks Support for more in-depth troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tomusjoe589
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 5502 typically occurs when there are issues with the synchronization or downloading of transactions, often linked to discrepancies between QuickBooks and bank records.

Reasons why QuickBooks Error 5502 occurs?:

1. Bank Data Discrepancies: Mismatches or errors in data between your bank and QuickBooks can trigger this error.
  2. Invalid Bank Account Information: Incorrect or outdated bank account details in QuickBooks.

Stepwise guide to fix QuickBooks Error 5502:

1. Verify Bank Account Information: Ensure that your bank account details are correctly entered and up-to-date in QuickBooks.
  2. Re-sync Accounts: Go to the Banking menu, select 'Bank Feeds,' and attempt to re-sync or reconnect your bank account.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks by checking for updates.

If the error persists, consult QuickBooks Support for more in-depth troubleshooting.