Why am I seeing QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 when trying to open my company file?

naxek12631
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m running into both QuickBooks Error 6073 and Error 99001 when trying to access my company file. Error 6073 appears to be related to file access issues, while Error 99001 seems to involve data or network problems. Has anyone dealt with these errors together and found a solution? Any advice or troubleshooting steps would be very helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

harryjowsey67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 6073 typically appears when trying to open a company file that is already in use by another user or process. It can also occur if the file is not accessible due to network issues or file permissions.

Reasons for Error 6073:

1. File in Use: The company file is currently being used by another user.
  2. Network Issues: Problems with network connectivity or configuration can prevent access to the file.
  3. Permissions Issues: The user does not have sufficient permissions to access the file.

Solutions for Error 6073:

1. Check File Usage: Ensure no one else is using the company file. If using a multi-user setup, confirm that the file is not being accessed by another user.
  2. Verify Network Configuration: Check your network settings and ensure proper connectivity.
  3. Adjust Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the company file and that it is located in the correct folder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

harryjowsey67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 6073 typically appears when trying to open a company file that is already in use by another user or process. It can also occur if the file is not accessible due to network issues or file permissions.

Reasons for Error 6073:

1. File in Use: The company file is currently being used by another user.
  2. Network Issues: Problems with network connectivity or configuration can prevent access to the file.
  3. Permissions Issues: The user does not have sufficient permissions to access the file.

Solutions for Error 6073:

1. Check File Usage: Ensure no one else is using the company file. If using a multi-user setup, confirm that the file is not being accessed by another user.
  2. Verify Network Configuration: Check your network settings and ensure proper connectivity.
  3. Adjust Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the company file and that it is located in the correct folder.