Skill set capacity vs adjustable capacity planning

BRH
New Contributor

I am getting ready to set up capacity planning for my business and today I read on here that you have to choose between manual adjustment capacity and skill capacity when setting up. If you chose manual adjustment capacity, is the CSR still able to see the technicians skill set in the availability window? What is the major difference between skill capacity vs manual adjustment capacity? 

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If you have your Job Types with a specific BU and skills and your techs are associated to that BU, then Manual ACP is based on the BU available hours, but your CSRs will still be able see all your tech skills by hovering over the +8 or +6 skills. If you use the skills set up then your ACP will be based on the techs that have that specific skill set up on the job type, and give you the availability based only on those techs available hours. I have used both, I switched to Manual just because my CSR already know the techs skills and I was more into just do not over book my Service BU vs Maintenance 

tech skills.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chayo80

If you have your Job Types with a specific BU and skills and your techs are associated to that BU, then Manual ACP is based on the BU available hours, but your CSRs will still be able see all your tech skills by hovering over the +8 or +6 skills. If you use the skills set up then your ACP will be based on the techs that have that specific skill set up on the job type, and give you the availability based only on those techs available hours. I have used both, I switched to Manual just because my CSR already know the techs skills and I was more into just do not over book my Service BU vs Maintenance 

tech skills.png

BRH
New Contributor

Thank you SO much! This helped a lot. I think we will use the manual capacity planning.