Configurable Payroll Discussion

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I'm just getting ready to launch my first Configurable Payroll profiles for my Service Techs and my salespeople. I'm loving how customizable it it! Tell me your favorite thing you do with configurable payroll, or maybe something you really wish configurable payroll could do! Give me all the ideas!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

I've made a lot of very specific pay rules lately, custom fields add a huge amount of options but are not very user-friendly. Currently, I like using custom fields on pricebook categories or technician profiles. If we could exclude things out of the rules that would help, or if we had date filters that looked at revenue or margin goals for the week/month, a lot of companies pay an extra bonus off that. 🙂

JessicaSmith

I desperately want to filter jobs by tag and not just type.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

AdamCronenberg

That could be scary though because tags come across when booking recalls and other jobs, so I would worry the tag was added inadvertently.  Being able to pull by custom fields would also be nice.

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

I'm looking to choose the job type, then filter additionally for tags. So if I have a job called "residential installation" and then tag it "sold by office" I could have one commission plan for that vs another "residential installation" that is tagged "sold in home", rather than having to have completely different job types for those situations.

AdamCronenberg

One thing I would love to see is some options on range bonuses within configurable payroll.  For example, we pay our installers off of sold hours and are trying to get them to pick up more work.  Would be nice if I could set a payroll rule based off of the number of sold hours in total they accomplished for that week and then automatically apply the bonus pay if that is the case.  I have a work around on this and this is only a very small gripe but I have heard a few other shops do more things on aggregate pay instead of individual invoices.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

My favorite is not having to run multiple reports and use the payroll adjustment template to pay the different scenarios our guys run into.  

Element Mist

RandiThompson

I'm attending a webinar today!! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

I tried that but I have trouble NOT multitasking and then I miss things, especially at webinars where you can't turn your camera on and/or talk because there is nothing holding me accountable and I get distracted. I ended up having to self-teach.

RandiThompson

haha!! I know the feeling!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating