Configurable Payroll- is this possible?

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I have a field supervisor. I want to pay him 1% of every job that he is responsible for. In order to do this, does he need to be assigned to the job and have 100% of the split? What I'd really like to do is just pay him 1% of every single job of a particular type without having to assign him.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdamCronenberg

Unfortunately, about the only limitation I have seen so far is aggregated multiple invoices to determine pay.  Whether it be an override on a series of jobs as your use case or a range type bonus based on aggregate performance, you have to get creative with your work arounds.  Thankfully, with custom reporting and the payroll adjustments template, this goes fairly quickly and overall it is very robust, but hopefully something that ST can add in the future.

Element Mist

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sjaeger

Darn, I just had it turned on the play with.  It will only help me if I can pay based on Tags.  Oh well, I can wait!

sjaeger

I think Configurable payroll can pay based on tags.  If so attach a tag to the job type and pay off that tag.

JessicaSmith

It cannot which ruined all my plans when I started setting it up. I heard it's in the works but for the time being I have to have a million job types.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

AdamCronenberg

One of these days I will spend an afternoon putting all these ideas onto the board and hopefully get a ton of up votes to make them a reality, lol!!!

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Unfortunately, about the only limitation I have seen so far is aggregated multiple invoices to determine pay.  Whether it be an override on a series of jobs as your use case or a range type bonus based on aggregate performance, you have to get creative with your work arounds.  Thankfully, with custom reporting and the payroll adjustments template, this goes fairly quickly and overall it is very robust, but hopefully something that ST can add in the future.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

If you can build a custom report and isolate the jobs he is responsible for, you can just see the subtotal of the margin and figure out what 1% and add a direct payroll adjustment in aggregate without having to assign him to every job.  We do something like this with a custom field and then I pull this report before running payroll and works well for us.  Hope that helps.

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

I was hoping configurable payroll would do it for me (even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't). A report it is. Thanks!