Holiday Pay

knsmall
New Contributor

Is anyone else running into an issue when trying to add "holiday pay" to the timesheets? It's adding the "holiday hours" into the regular hours worked and trying to pay out overtime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi everyone!  The reason why the Holiday hours are being funneled into actual hours work instead of being PTO hours is because the timesheet code needs to be set up correctly (Settings > People > Payroll > Timesheet Codes):  Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 8.46.12 AM.png

The Type field needs to have Paid Time Off selected rather than Paid.  That way the system knows that the hours are PTO hours, and they should not contribute to regular hours worked that week.  The Type field isn't editable after the timesheet code is created, so a new timesheet code will need to be created.  I would suggest putting an * at the end of the timesheet code that is going to be deactivated.  That way, you can use the same name when creating the new timesheet code.  You are unable to have timesheet codes that have the same name whether they are active or deactivate.  Keep us posted if you have any other questions, thanks!  CC: @Zakster45 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi everyone!  The reason why the Holiday hours are being funneled into actual hours work instead of being PTO hours is because the timesheet code needs to be set up correctly (Settings > People > Payroll > Timesheet Codes):  Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 8.46.12 AM.png

The Type field needs to have Paid Time Off selected rather than Paid.  That way the system knows that the hours are PTO hours, and they should not contribute to regular hours worked that week.  The Type field isn't editable after the timesheet code is created, so a new timesheet code will need to be created.  I would suggest putting an * at the end of the timesheet code that is going to be deactivated.  That way, you can use the same name when creating the new timesheet code.  You are unable to have timesheet codes that have the same name whether they are active or deactivate.  Keep us posted if you have any other questions, thanks!  CC: @Zakster45 

Zakster45
New Contributor

We just went through our first Holiday with ST and yes, I'm having the same exact issue... was anyone able to come up with a solution by chance?

coriaren
New Contributor II

Same issue here. I was going to delete the code and try to do it over, but I'm afraid it would just be the same all over again. 

nruss
New Contributor

Did anyone come up with a solution to this? We are having the same problem

baraica
Former Titan

Hey @knsmall is this an ongoing issue for you? 

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

Yes ma'am