How to resolve QuickBooks Payroll not working issue?

RebbecaNelson89
New Contributor

Why is my QuickBooks Payroll not working? I’m unable to run payroll or update it, and my employees are waiting for their paychecks. How can I resolve this issue quickly?

3 REPLIES 3

gavosak962
New Contributor

If QuickBooks Payroll isn't working, several steps can help resolve the issue. First, ensure that QuickBooks and the Payroll service are updated to their latest versions. Outdated software can cause functionality issues. Next, check your internet connection to ensure it's stable, as Payroll requires a reliable connection. Verify that your payroll settings and employee data are correctly configured. Sometimes, corrupt files can interfere; try running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix them. If the problem persists, restart your computer and recheck the settings.

lcadavid
New Contributor

Thank you for reaching out @RebbecaNelson89. We want one of our product experts to be in touch with you as soon as possible to further assist you. Would you mind sending me a private message with the email address you used in ServiceTitan?

loriilsonw63
New Contributor

9666.png

If you're experiencing issues with QuickBooks Payroll not working, try these steps to resolve the problem:

1. Check for Updates: Ensure QuickBooks and Payroll services are up-to-date.
  2. Verify Internet Connection: A stable connection is essential for payroll functions.
  3. Restart Software: Close and reopen QuickBooks to refresh the system.
  4. Rebuild Data: Use the Rebuild Data tool in QuickBooks to fix data issues.
  5. Review Payroll Settings: Confirm your payroll settings and employee information are correct.

If the issue persists, consult QuickBooks support or a professional accountant for further assistance.