"Pay first drive if technician is clocked into event"

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Good morning! We noticed this week that ServiceTitan has been marking first drive as paid time. I don't know how long it's been happening, I'm new to the company, but all our techs have the "pay first drive if technician is clocked into an event" setting. So if their first action is dispatch, they shouldn't be paid until they arrive. When I chatted in to support they told me this is "expected behavior" and I should reach out to my CSM. I've done that, but I'm reaching out to the hivemind also.

Am I doing something wrong? Are my techs doing something wrong? I don't want that first drive paid!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmberC
Contributor II

Hi @JessicaSmith! The workaround that @DennisK suggested is probably the best route to take. However, make sure that you don't have Simple Clock I/O on or it will always pay for drive time. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmberC
Contributor II

Hi @JessicaSmith! The workaround that @DennisK suggested is probably the best route to take. However, make sure that you don't have Simple Clock I/O on or it will always pay for drive time. Hope this helps! 

JessicaSmith

Okay. I'll have my CSM turn off Simple Clock I/O- will my techs need to do anything differently without Simple Clock I/O that I'm not thinking of?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

You might need to make sure your timesheet codes are accurate but other than that, this KnowledgeBase is pretty good. https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/clockinclockout-overview

JessicaSmith

Thanks for your help!

Of course! 🙂

DennisK
New Contributor

Yeah, I set the commute to 6000 minutes so that it wouldn't get paid regardless, but the time of dispatch still shows as a clock-in time on the reports unless you manually go in and edit the clock-in time, and even then the 'Total Hours' looks funky on the Payroll Approval screen.  It would be great if that Payroll Approval screen showed you the total paid hours rather than total hours.  Who needs to know how many unpaid hours a tech had in a day from the main screen, anyway?

JessicaSmith

I got this answer from Masterminds and I'm giving it a try:

Terra Quicke Stephens

I am working on this now. You want to choose paid first drive if tech is clocked into an event and then right next to it choose Deduct commute time from first drive. This was super confusing to me for some reason but this will exlude drive time if they dipatch to a job. If they clock into an event first like a meeting then the first drive to the job after that is included in paid time. You can also choose the techs regular commute time if you want. So if a tech normally commutes 30 minutes you would put that in and then any commute time after would be paid.