Archive / Sunset a technician but leave history on dispatch board

UptackService
New Contributor II

Yawl should want this...

Once a technician is terminated or leaves we would like to remove them from the dispatch board choices. 

Although we would like to retain the dispatch board appointment history. We should have a preference in the employee file to keep history active on the dispatch board while making them non active or terminated.

3 REPLIES 3

AmberC
Contributor II

Love the workaround @Steveng@UptackService I don't know if ST would consider this for the reason that @rstare mentioned above. I hope Steven's suggestion works for you!

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Create a business unit called Out-processing and do not add it any invoice items or web connectors and on the dispatch display config remove that business unit so it will not display in your view.  Should work, I am working on a similar setup for our team.  Our purpose is for future payroll items.  Usually not longer than 2 weeks, but usually annoys our dispatchers and service managers seeing a name with no jobs on it.    Also, unmanaged techs are free, could just rename as well "Steven Garcia - inactive".  

rstare

Wouldn't that cause your dispatch board to get really long? Having all the terminated employees being shown? I do like the idea of having a terminated status that will allow a technician to be shown for a fixed amount of time after they are marked as such. I think the most important part is keep the jobs on the dispatch board for technicians that are no longer active - so if there was just something like an inactive tech column at the bottom of the board that aggregated all the jobs from inactive techs for that day