Hello from Stuart, FL!

ptowles
New Contributor II

I'm Phil Towles (service coordinator) with Eastern Electric Solutions. We are a small company of 9 employees and are pretty new to service titan. So far I have just been using it for scheduling. We are about to switch over our "clock-in" technique from quickbooks to service titan. Has anyone recently made that switch? Can you let me know how smooth the process was/tips?

4 REPLIES 4

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

There is so much to learn on ST...go through the academy/knowledge base for articles on Mobile Clock In/Out and be sure you are familiar with it.  You can do paper timesheets and ST timesheets for a bit to ensure that everyone is using it properly.  A lot of features are amazing but require a training and retraining.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

ptowles
New Contributor II

Thank you! I will review mobile clock in/out now

1.what do you mean by paper timesheets?

2.what if i dont want ALL of my techs to use the mobile checkin/out? for example, I have 2 guys per truck. One guy is a master electrician and the other an apprentice. I'd like the master electrician to be dispatching and the apprentice to simply clock in for the day

MirandaMel

We use paper timesheets that we made for the techs to physically write down there times, then compare to what their clock in/out is on ST.

Clock in/out is for start and end of day, dispatching/arriving can be done as lead technician actions where you set the permission in settings.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Miranda

Welcome! 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC