"Asking for a Friend" - How long did it take you to grasp the basics of ST? Curious...

ericaramsey
New Contributor III

Didn't know if there was a generic expected "ST learning curve" or if others have specific stories of learning quickly, learning slooooooooly, and anything inbetween?

I'm a bit competitive, so hearing of others' victories always inspires!

Thanks in advance for sharing!!!

-E.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

ST can be a huge learning curve in the very beginning...but I found that I started with the basics and worked my way up from there.  When I first started using ST, no one in that company had a clue on what its capability was...I just asked questions and searched for answers (thank you knowledge base and community!!).  My first role was as a Service Coordinator, I would say I had a really good grasp of the basics in about a month, after a year I was very confident with my skills.  There's always something new and exciting to learn. 

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

View solution in original post

HBromberg

I have been working with ST since October '21 first as tech and now as a manager.  The tech side is pretty straightforward and clean.  The management and admin side would i believe take years to learn.  We have split up tasks between several managers to handle it all.  Marketing Pro, Dispatch Pro, Inventory, FleetPro all take time to learn.  Knowledge base and Community are huge resources!

Miranda

I started using ServiceTitan in August of 2022. By June of 2023, I had completed the STCA certification. I was the only one in the office full time, so I pretty much had to jump in with both feet. I recommend signing up for Embers! That helped me a lot which in turn helped my team! There are always new things to learn every day!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

CoffmanK7
New Contributor II

I have been on Service Titan since June and am still learning new things. A lot of the challenges I face are correcting things on the back end to help out the technicians in the field. Currently working on get the Administrator done. 

4 REPLIES 4

CoffmanK7
New Contributor II

I have been on Service Titan since June and am still learning new things. A lot of the challenges I face are correcting things on the back end to help out the technicians in the field. Currently working on get the Administrator done. 

Miranda

I started using ServiceTitan in August of 2022. By June of 2023, I had completed the STCA certification. I was the only one in the office full time, so I pretty much had to jump in with both feet. I recommend signing up for Embers! That helped me a lot which in turn helped my team! There are always new things to learn every day!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

HBromberg

I have been working with ST since October '21 first as tech and now as a manager.  The tech side is pretty straightforward and clean.  The management and admin side would i believe take years to learn.  We have split up tasks between several managers to handle it all.  Marketing Pro, Dispatch Pro, Inventory, FleetPro all take time to learn.  Knowledge base and Community are huge resources!

MirandaMel

ST can be a huge learning curve in the very beginning...but I found that I started with the basics and worked my way up from there.  When I first started using ST, no one in that company had a clue on what its capability was...I just asked questions and searched for answers (thank you knowledge base and community!!).  My first role was as a Service Coordinator, I would say I had a really good grasp of the basics in about a month, after a year I was very confident with my skills.  There's always something new and exciting to learn. 

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning