Applying payments to invoices in QB when payment exports before the invoice

pmora
New Contributor III

How does anyone handle this issue?  When payments export before invoice batches do, we then have to use the "Fix Unapplied Customer Payments and Credits" tool in QB to match all those together.  QB says they can't do anything, but is there something anyone does other than hold exporting payments after invoices?  I don't see how you can avoid it occasionally, but hundreds of payments is an awful cleanup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

When I was using QBD, I just had it as part of my weekly process to do manually. Basically I ran an AR report and opened every customer on it with a $0 balance to apply payments.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pmora
New Contributor III

Thanks, that's what I figured.  We fell behind on doing it, so it's a little ugly especially since we billed fall memberships last month.

JessicaSmith

When I was using QBD, I just had it as part of my weekly process to do manually. Basically I ran an AR report and opened every customer on it with a $0 balance to apply payments.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions