Collecting deposit from the office

charringtonPSB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

How are people currently collecting deposits from the office, if they are building & selling estimates from the office?

5 REPLIES 5

charringtonPSB

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-2377

For anyone who comes to this post. Upvote this previously created idea ^^

MadisonChicken

Thank you for the link! I already voted!

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

charringtonPSB

More related to this:

"So are you saying someone calls in and we collect over the phone? We have a few options for this. We can collect a CC for the deposit or directly from their checking account. We also give customers the option to bring in a check or cash (most of the time with this option we give them a week from the date to bring in the money) "

If they do not want to provide their checking account information over the phone for a deposit, is there another way to collect the deposit (not cc).? Is there a deposit 'invoice' we could send them so they can enter their ACH on their device themselves?

MadisonChicken

HMMM... That is a really great question. I myself have only ever had customers pay via online payments with their CC. I tested your question and as of right now you are unable to pay with your bank account through online payments. However, you are able to adjust the balance you wish to pay which I didn't know either! 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 095234.png

This is a great idea to add to the ideas page. I will vote for it! 🙂

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

MadisonChicken

So are you saying someone calls in and we collect over the phone? We have a few options for this. We can collect a CC for the deposit or directly from their checking account. We also give customers the option to bring in a check or cash (most of the time with this option we give them a week from the date to bring in the money) 

As far as building and selling estimates from the office we will do this whenever there is an old estimate that needs a pricing update. I will go directly into the old appointment and create a new estimate to be sold. OR if they have never had a job with us (in ServiceTitan) and we have to pull it from our old CSM we have made an appointment type called "Estimate Update" where we will schedule one of our management technicians and then add the estimate to that job to be sold. We will then dispatch the managed technician, with the notifications off, in order to complete the "job" 

This is our workaround for making estimates in the office. 

Let me know if this answers your question or not. I am curious to know if there are better ways to go about this. 

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks