Exported Payment

Mantaya
New Contributor II

If client is paid $1000 then cancel the work but just want to keep $1000 as a credit. 
This invoice has been exported already to Quick Book. 
What is the best practice on this case? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You can unapply the payment in ST to make it a credit on their file...you will get a warning when you do it that this will only affect it inside ST and not your accounting software.  Then do an adjustment invoice on the original invoice to clear off any balance owing.  Export that to QB and you might need to do a journal entry adjustment on the QB side (sorry, I work only in ST, our CFO does all the QB items).

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mantaya
New Contributor II

Hi Miranda, 

If the case the payment has been exported already. What is the best way? 

MirandaMel

I believe that is the best way for that, you should still be able unapply it.  Then it is just having to deal with it on the QB side of things.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE

Mantaya
New Contributor II

Thank you much 🙂 

MirandaMel

You can unapply the payment in ST to make it a credit on their file...you will get a warning when you do it that this will only affect it inside ST and not your accounting software.  Then do an adjustment invoice on the original invoice to clear off any balance owing.  Export that to QB and you might need to do a journal entry adjustment on the QB side (sorry, I work only in ST, our CFO does all the QB items).

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE