General Ledger accounts

regraves
New Contributor II

Currently everything i export goes into one QBO Sales account but i would like to split this up and see where the income is coming from based on business unit. I was able to test it out with one Pricebook task and mapped it to a new QBO account labeled Hvac - Install and everything pulled over correctly but im thinking in the future if i have a Service, maintenance ....etc gl sales account's in qbo and i have all the correct general accounts mapped to the correct pricebook task but what happens when i have an EZ-Trap with a Gl account under "service" but my actual job type is a maintenance call then the income would be in the wrong department. Is there a way to have all the invoices tasks export to qbo based on the business unit and not mapped by each items individual gl account? In a nutshell there are certain pricebook tasks that could be used for multiple job types or business units so how do i export that properly into qbo so the income can be mapped to the correct department?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael21
Contributor III

Hi @regraves. We use desktop, but I assume QBO also supports "Classes".  You can map Service Titan business units to QB classes.  For example, we have ST business units of HVAC Maintenance, HVAC service, HVAC Install, Plumbing service, etc.  Each of these is mapped, (in integration settings) to a QB class of the same name.  In QB, when we want to see P&L for a business unit, we just filter by class.  That's all the breakdown we want, but if you then want to get further detail by product within a class, you can assign different income accounts to different tasks or items.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

michael21
Contributor III

That is a different screen than ours, I assume because you are using QB online and we are using desktop.  With desktop, accounts and classes are mapped separately, as shown on the screen below, but yes, that looks to be the appropriate screen.  If you have classes set up in QB, you should be able to enter the class on your screen and then ST will pass the class to QB, enabling the reporting by class as described in my first post.

screen.jpg

regraves
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike, 

This is that setting right here correct?

image.png

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi regraves,

Yes, this is the correct screen where you would set up that QB Class to do exactly what you described in your previous post.

Element Mist

michael21
Contributor III

Hi @regraves. We use desktop, but I assume QBO also supports "Classes".  You can map Service Titan business units to QB classes.  For example, we have ST business units of HVAC Maintenance, HVAC service, HVAC Install, Plumbing service, etc.  Each of these is mapped, (in integration settings) to a QB class of the same name.  In QB, when we want to see P&L for a business unit, we just filter by class.  That's all the breakdown we want, but if you then want to get further detail by product within a class, you can assign different income accounts to different tasks or items.