How to fix windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks issue?

refawov599
Visitor

Why is my Windows Firewall blocking QuickBooks? I can't access my company files or use some features in QuickBooks. How can I resolve this issue and allow QuickBooks to work properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boxetof946
Visitor

Hi @refawov599 

If Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks, it may prevent the software from accessing the internet or network. To resolve this, open Windows Firewall settings and create inbound and outbound rules for QuickBooks. Allow the following files: QBW32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBUpdate.exe, and IntuitSyncManager.exe. Ensure these files are allowed through the firewall for both TCP and UDP protocols. If issues persist, add the ports used by QuickBooks (e.g., 8019, 56728, 55378-55382) to the firewall exception list. Restart your computer after applying changes to confirm QuickBooks runs without restrictions.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

boxetof946
Visitor

Hi @refawov599 

If Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks, it may prevent the software from accessing the internet or network. To resolve this, open Windows Firewall settings and create inbound and outbound rules for QuickBooks. Allow the following files: QBW32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBUpdate.exe, and IntuitSyncManager.exe. Ensure these files are allowed through the firewall for both TCP and UDP protocols. If issues persist, add the ports used by QuickBooks (e.g., 8019, 56728, 55378-55382) to the firewall exception list. Restart your computer after applying changes to confirm QuickBooks runs without restrictions.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png