I want to add a tag on the accounting payments (memo tag) so that when we receive checks we don't have to go back and fourth and search the customer every single time. we can just go down and see on the payments tab the checks are in and batch it would

samantha3
New Contributor

2 REPLIES 2

TheChickenLady
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

side comment, I also have the techs or office (whomever is taking the check payment) put the check number in the memo field (if credit card the last 4 digits) of the payment as that shows on the invoice to the customer and hits QBO and is a searchable field in both.

smischke
New Contributor II

I agree with you, I would love to have tags and custom fields show up on the Accounting screen.   But, I'm not sure I follow what you mean by going back and forth to search the customer.  I'm not sure if this helps you, but the process we use for batching checks is below.  

Our bookkeeper creates a batch in ST called check deposit.  This is a running batch that doesn't get exported until she is ready to take the deposit to the bank.  As she receives the checks from the technicians, she adds the payments to the batch from the accounting screen.  If she is receiving the checks via mail, she uses the Collect Payment button on the Accounting screen to add the payment to the invoice and then batches the payment.    This works well for us because she can easily see if technicians haven't turned a check in to the office.