New Refund Process

tra9109
New Contributor

The new refund process is cumbersome and unnecessary.  Before you could simply enter a negative refund payment and the process is complete.  Now you have to go through multiple steps of creating adjustment invoices and and adding tasks and then deleting tasks an so on.  Basically a one step process has been turned into a multiple step process for no reason.

I understand there is an automated refund option but its set up is kind of goofy.  The GL account and task added to invoice selected is determined by 1 of 2 reasons, customer complaint or billing error.  This should not be the criteria for deciding what GL account the refund goes to or what task is added.  In our case we are in HVAC company so we would want our refund items going to the appropriate GL account based on department, for example a service refund would go against the service income GL account and a install refund would go against the install income.  The reason for the refund (customer complaint or billing error) is irrelevant for our accounting purposes.  And again the original process was just one step, so I really don't see any advantage at all to the new system for our company.

1 REPLY 1

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @tra9109 - welcome back to the ServiceTitan Community! I'm sorry your first post back is related to some frustration you're having with the product functionality. I'm going to make sure the Product team is aware of your feedback, but I'm wondering if @plewis might offer any suggestion for making this easier.