Payment Collections-Credit Card Payments

Vickies
New Contributor III

Suddenly credit cards are no longer an option to select when using the new payment collection feature to put payments in. The way I process payments for some of our customers is one CC payment for multiple invoices, I am not able to put in or process these payments suddenly because the credit card option is no longer available to me as a payment option in the drop down. This is frustrating because I have done everything I can to figure this out to no avail. These are accelerated payments that I have a short window to process. Any ideas? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

johnsond
New Contributor III

We ran into the same thing today. We were unable to process a credit card for multiple invoices from the accounting screen . Our solution that seemed to work was to go to the customer profile and collect payment from there.

View solution in original post

Vickies
New Contributor III

Yes! I figured out a work around, it does seem to be a little more complicated than what is necessary but at least there is a way to process a payment for multiple invoices with only one transaction. I had to go to the customer page using the search icon and select "Collect/Apply Payment from the top of the profile to process multiple invoices on one payment. There is another work around as well; you can save the CC as a payment method to the customer record and then process a payment using that CC on multiple invoices. If anyone receives Avid XChange or something similar to receive payments from customers, then you know you get a different CC number for every transaction, so using the later option to process multiple invoices with one transaction creates an additional step of having to delete the payment method after you process the payment, as to not leave an invalid payment type on the customer record since that CC number is only good to be used for that specific transaction. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

roryhoffmann
New Contributor II

All their updates are super annoying.  They're not thinking about the user just making cosmetic more step upgrades.

hreiseck
New Contributor

Agree. Super annoying and more work.

johnsond
New Contributor III

We ran into the same thing today. We were unable to process a credit card for multiple invoices from the accounting screen . Our solution that seemed to work was to go to the customer profile and collect payment from there.

Vickies
New Contributor III

Yes! I figured out a work around, it does seem to be a little more complicated than what is necessary but at least there is a way to process a payment for multiple invoices with only one transaction. I had to go to the customer page using the search icon and select "Collect/Apply Payment from the top of the profile to process multiple invoices on one payment. There is another work around as well; you can save the CC as a payment method to the customer record and then process a payment using that CC on multiple invoices. If anyone receives Avid XChange or something similar to receive payments from customers, then you know you get a different CC number for every transaction, so using the later option to process multiple invoices with one transaction creates an additional step of having to delete the payment method after you process the payment, as to not leave an invalid payment type on the customer record since that CC number is only good to be used for that specific transaction. 

WE have had the same frustration and have done the same work around.  Problem is why do we need a work around??  Talked to ST today and they honestly sort of glazed over it.  Seems to me they just don't want anyone to process CC outside the ST processing and those fees.

Isn't it amazing how we all find things and ST people can't help us?