REFUNDS FOR NON ST PAYMENT PROCESSING CUSTOMERS

lrutherf
New Contributor

We received an overpayment from a customer.  In the past we could just add the full amount of the payment received leaving a negative balance on the account, then issue a refund-credit card in a negative amount and were done.  The refund was processed using Elavon, not Service titan.

NOW ... I am unable to add an overpayment, it automatically generates a credit on account for the difference.  I was told I had to add a "task" in the amount of the difference, THEN ...I had to create an adjustment invoice with a negative payment using refund-credit card,  THEN I had to go back to original invoice and delete the "task" added to balance the payment.

The invoice now shows 2 payments received to equal the total instead of one payment and one refund.  If, in the future we need to look back and find the payment it will be confusing without actually having to go into the invoice and determine the payment was one single payment.  

The new process is extremely time consuming, confusing, generates more work and is NOT a betterment to the application

Invoice # Invoice Date Total Balance Status

762433452023-02-22$0.00 Pending
Refund-credit card CANCELLED REPAIR REFUNDING DEPOSIT2023-02-22-$365.32 Pending
760029602023-02-20$134.68$0.00Pending
Visa2023-02-17$365.32 Pending
Visa2023-02-17$134.68 Pending
1 REPLY 1

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You should be able to follow this video and select "issue check through my accounting software": https://community.servicetitan.com/t5/Accounting/Issuing-Refunds-Just-Got-Easier/ta-p/57

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions