To further improve our customer’s experience, ServiceTitan is implementing a brand new single-sign on (SSO) tool. While the majority of our customers will not notice the difference, those who have access to multiple accounts will be able to more easily navigate between accounts.
This multi-phase implementation began in March 2022 and will be ongoing throughout the rest of 2022/early 2023. Once the work is complete, the ServiceTitan Community Team will work closely with Product to merge the multiple Community accounts so you only need one login across all accounts.
So, what does this have to do with the ServiceTitan Community?
The Community uses SSO to enable you to log in from the ServiceTitan platform and go.servicetitan.com. As a result, if you have more than one account on ServiceTitan that you own or work across, and you navigate to Community (via the ServiceTitan platform), you will very likely have multiple Community accounts. While the current need for multiple Community accounts will be resolved with the completion of the new SSO implementation, we want to set you up for success during the interim, so here are some best practices:
- Select one ServiceTitan account to be your primary Community account. Do you have questions you need to ask the broader community? Use your primary account. Do you want to comment on a community article? Use your primary account. The ServiceTitan Community tracks your engagement and recognizes you with new ranks and badges, and selecting one Community account as your primary account will ensure an easy account merge once the SSO implementation is complete.
- Support cases should be created through the account where the issue occurs. If you need to create or manage your support cases in Community, add a prefix/suffix to your username for each Community account. This is a way to easily identify which of your Community accounts is associated with your ServiceTitan platform accounts. For example:
- You have access to three ServiceTitan accounts: joeairmain; joeairsouth, joeairnorth
- Navigate to Community from within the ServiceTitan platform (profile dropdown>select Community) from the joeairmain account
- The first time you navigate to Community from that account, you will be prompted to create a new username - our suggestion for a username in this scenario would be: jam_Todd
- If you navigate to Community from the joeairsouth account, again, you will be prompted to create a new username, again we would suggest a username like: jas_Todd
Please note that usernames have a 15 character limit.
If you need help or have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.