Customer Authorization Forms

hannahka
New Contributor II

My company has an authorization form that we require customers to complete in certain situations to be able to service that location; this is for landlord/tenants, buyer/seller situations, and commercial properties. The form basically gives us permission to be on the property and perform initial diagnostics and then there is a portion that requires a credit card to be on file, in which we only ever charge our dispatch fee to that they sign for and then any other approved charges can be made to that card after work has been completed. Currently we are emailing the form but we get a lot of push back from customers having issues completing the form and/or giving their CC info via email. Ideally I would like to be able to create a form directly through Service Titan that can be emailed to the customer and then attached onto the job or customer profile upon completion. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how I can go about creating something like this?

4 REPLIES 4

UniverseSeanR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Yes you can make it a SMART form and have certain triggers that make it required for technicians to have it filled out and signed , it will even self populate all the customers info on the form so your techs don't have to fill it all out if you have any questions or help in this please feel free to reach out to me 

KristinS1

YOu can create a Form and then put a trigger based on the job type.  For example, if you have a tag for Landlord/Tenant and you book the job for a landlord.  You have a trigger on the form to be populated at the start or end of the appointment (your choice) when that tag is added to the job.  Does that make sense?  And you make it mandatory so that the tech can not complete the job without filling it out.  Also, you can have it be emailed upon completion as well.  It is all very handy!  

If you have any other questions regarding this, let me know! 

Kristin Smith
Covenant Plumbing

hannahka
New Contributor II

No ma'am, not really. This is a form that we currently send over blank to the customer that they need to fill out and return back to us with their contact information in order to secure an appointment with us. For rental situations, for example, it includes all of the landlord's information, tenant's information, and landlord's credit card info as well. I was curious if there was a way that I could send a form to the customer via Service Titan that they could fill out and then we upload into their profile and/or the job once they return it... not necessarily that the form would automatically upload to ST with their information (although that would be super cool and convenient!)

baraica
Former Titan

Hey Hannah- for more context are these like city permits that you are looking to store inside the customer profiles?

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team