Scheduling

KVM
New Contributor

It would be wonderful if Service Titan would create a way for people to block off certain technicians on certain days for things like vacation or Dr appts. and it prevent us from accidently scheduling that tech any way.   I have created events from the dispatch board and created time off shifts but it will not stop you from scheduling that tech on that day.   We schedule ahead several weeks sometimes and its hard to keep up with everyone vacations and appointments so this would be a great way to help.  I have spoke with support and was told there is no way other than scheduling a non job event and i would get a warning that something was already scheduled.  But it wont stop you from scheduling.   Support suggested I report in community to see if more people would like this idea and push for them to create something to help with this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marineh
New Contributor II

Hi @KVM - thanks for your suggestion! Please submit your idea in the Ideas Portal (see Ideas tab on top).  We recommend you first search to see if there's already an existing / similar idea which you can vote for. If you don't find any, you can add your idea under the Dispatch Board category. The Product team reviews high voted ideas on a quarterly basis to determine how/whether they can be incorporated into the product roadmap.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

katrinaC
New Contributor III

We use the Schedule-create shift-time off and then fill in the areas for the days and techs. Not sure if that will help you but that is how to add PTO days, Meetings etc. 

jppage1
New Contributor II

I use a nonjob event. I call it a grey box. I just put in a Vacation or Dr appointment. You can be as informative or as vague as you want.  I also Initial it at the end. This way you know who put it on the board. I also use it if a tech calls out sick or has to leave early. It works well for us.  

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Could you create a company account for yourself?  Book jobs and create job types for appts.  Could be a pain but may work around some of your settings.  Maybe assign a business unit that is not setup with web-connectors.  Like a placeholder business unit so that those job types will only pull if that one is selected.  Bypass the invoices so it doesn't effect accounting and the special business unit could be excluded in KPI reporting.  But yeah, would be nice to get that to do all that without the workaround.  Should post on the ideas section, I'd upvote it.  

marineh
New Contributor II

Hi @KVM - thanks for your suggestion! Please submit your idea in the Ideas Portal (see Ideas tab on top).  We recommend you first search to see if there's already an existing / similar idea which you can vote for. If you don't find any, you can add your idea under the Dispatch Board category. The Product team reviews high voted ideas on a quarterly basis to determine how/whether they can be incorporated into the product roadmap.

Thanks!