Dialing out of state

mariav
New Contributor II

Question. Not sure if anyone has this issue. We are based in California, but we have a branch in Utah that we manage from here. We are integrated with Dialpad. As many of you know when you need to call a customer here all you need to do is click to call, right? But when we need to call a customer in Utah and we need the area code to show a Utah one, we have to manually dial out on the dialpad app and manually change the area code. Is anyone having this issue? Is there an alternative that I dont know. My goal is to be able to click to call customers and have it show the Utah area code. Help! 

4 REPLIES 4

mariav
New Contributor II

Appreciate the info. But my goal is to be able to simply be able to click to call customers and have it show the Utah area code. Not having to choose a Caller ID.  But thank you tho. 

mariav
New Contributor II

Is this the option that lets a CSR choose what Caller ID to show? Because if it is, we have already attempted this. What we are looking for is when anyone clicks to call an out of state customer that the number routes to the out of state area code with the phone number we have entered in the system. Currently when we call the out of state customer it still routes to a local number her in California. 

Yes, this allows the CSR to pick the caller ID. But it has to be setup properly under your phone settings first to map to the numbers you want that are from different areas. Also, when this is enabled your hard coded caller ID has to be removed first so that the dynamic option can be used. It sounds like one of those steps may have been overlooked last time. It is a beta feature so new and not well known yet but I have had customers have success with it. 

DanielleCombs
Valued Contributor

We do have a configuration for shops that have locations in different areas that need to call their customers and show an alternate caller ID. Reach out to your CSM and ask them to turn on the "Enable Custom Outbound CallerId" feature. And here is the guide how to use it https://help.servicetitan.com/resources/manage-outbound-calls.pdf