Home Sold

kimpizer
New Contributor

Question. 

Would like to know which would the correct way be to update a property that has been sold. 

Scenario.. customer sold home home. Have created a new customer account for the new homeowner have updated previous account from old homeowner to new.  However,, the previous history will all change over to the new owner?? I would thank that we would want the history, equipment, install, etc. but the new homeowner didn't pay for any of this work.  Would this be the right way? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I can't tell by your verbiage if you merged the customers or locations. The correct way to do it is, John Smith at 101 Dummy Lane sold home to Randi Thompson, (assuming Randi Thompson is a new customer) create a Randi Thompson customer which will create another 101 Dummy Lane location, go into the the edit pencil for  John Smith "location" and change the "customer" to Randi Thompson, then merge the two 101 Dummy Lane locations. This will end with the location still having all the service history and equipment, John Smith will still have all his billing/invoice information and the Randi Thompson customer will start fresh with billing/invoice info. Also if you click into one of the jobs prior to Randi buying the home the bill to will still say John Smith. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RandiThompson

I can't tell by your verbiage if you merged the customers or locations. The correct way to do it is, John Smith at 101 Dummy Lane sold home to Randi Thompson, (assuming Randi Thompson is a new customer) create a Randi Thompson customer which will create another 101 Dummy Lane location, go into the the edit pencil for  John Smith "location" and change the "customer" to Randi Thompson, then merge the two 101 Dummy Lane locations. This will end with the location still having all the service history and equipment, John Smith will still have all his billing/invoice information and the Randi Thompson customer will start fresh with billing/invoice info. Also if you click into one of the jobs prior to Randi buying the home the bill to will still say John Smith. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Ok.  We added the new homeowner with a location to create the duplicate one.  The old homeowner I went in and changed the customer info to the new homeowner.  I had to walk myself thru it. thanks..