How do you guys notify your techs of a new Job?

Razzy57
New Contributor

Ive chatted with support on this a few times and have gotten nothing helpful back.

I am looking to notify my techs when a job is assigned to them. 

I was hoping the app would just send them a notification like our previous software did, but this app doesnt have notifications at all. 

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

When our techs on actively on a job and are about to finish they log a wrap-up in ST mobile.  Our DSR's see that message and then contact the customer to let them know a tech will be available soon.  When the tech calls in to our dispatch line their next job ideally should be lined up and assigned.  After the debrief the DSR will manually send the job details via the assigned tech drop down (send job details button) on the job page.  This comes over as a text message.  We removed the automated messaging of assignment because our DSRs will sometimes (haha) change plans and it was confusing to some of our techs and resulted in them being late waiting for more instructions or heading to the wrong address.  

View solution in original post

egamby84
New Contributor II

Yes we always give ours a heads up. The technicians are usually busy and aren't near  their tablet to refresh or see when new jobs are added. We usually send a text with a heads up. This has worked well for us. 

lhernandez1
New Contributor II

We send mobile message through ST straight to the tech's mobile device. 

Lisa Hernandez

jenn_comfortmax
New Contributor III

After each call the tech will call or text me and let me know they are wrapping up or finished.  I then call the next one and send them a text that they are good to go. 

disimpso
New Contributor III

For scheduling I have a couple of questions, I've only worked in one dispatch department and we provide the techs their schedules ahead of time - offering the customers a 2 hour window of arrival. The customer is expecting the technician to arrive to them within that scheduled window, and the technician can see their jobs ahead of time so they can prepare. 

We are considering changing how we schedule. May I ask what wording you use for customers? Do you just offer them a day and not a time when you are scheduling them? Do your customers like this style of scheduling or do you get regular feedback about them wanting to know about what time the technician will arrive?

Disimpso,

Good morning. We offer our customers a day and two time frames. 8a-12p window and 12p-4p window. We also have the tech call when the are going to head the location so that the customer know when to actually expect them. That way we have more flexibility with being able to move appointment accordling based on techs location and time it is taking at other jobs. Hope that helps 

Lisa Hernandez

11 REPLIES 11

disimpso
New Contributor III

For scheduling I have a couple of questions, I've only worked in one dispatch department and we provide the techs their schedules ahead of time - offering the customers a 2 hour window of arrival. The customer is expecting the technician to arrive to them within that scheduled window, and the technician can see their jobs ahead of time so they can prepare. 

We are considering changing how we schedule. May I ask what wording you use for customers? Do you just offer them a day and not a time when you are scheduling them? Do your customers like this style of scheduling or do you get regular feedback about them wanting to know about what time the technician will arrive?

Disimpso,

Good morning. We offer our customers a day and two time frames. 8a-12p window and 12p-4p window. We also have the tech call when the are going to head the location so that the customer know when to actually expect them. That way we have more flexibility with being able to move appointment accordling based on techs location and time it is taking at other jobs. Hope that helps 

Lisa Hernandez

disimpso
New Contributor III

This makes sense, thank you for sharing! 

jenn_comfortmax
New Contributor III

After each call the tech will call or text me and let me know they are wrapping up or finished.  I then call the next one and send them a text that they are good to go. 

This is great, thank you!

lhernandez1
New Contributor II

We send mobile message through ST straight to the tech's mobile device. 

Lisa Hernandez

disimpso
New Contributor III

Thank you, so many great solutions being shared!

egamby84
New Contributor II

Yes we always give ours a heads up. The technicians are usually busy and aren't near  their tablet to refresh or see when new jobs are added. We usually send a text with a heads up. This has worked well for us. 

disimpso
New Contributor III

Great! Thank you so much!