Outbound Calling

jenn_comfortmax
New Contributor III

Good morning everyone!

I am looking for feedback on how early you start your outbound calling?  I have a hard time thinking of myself as the customer, I would not like a call or a text at 8am in the morning.  I think 9 is still a little too early.  Your thoughts?

Thank you!! Have a blessed day. 

4 REPLIES 4

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I've made outbound calls between 8-9AM and find that they answer at about the same rate but are usually busier or distracted with morning routine either at the office or with their kids.  During summer periods it was less an issue.  8:30 or 9:30 was my target because most schedules are AM 8-9am start times.  I used to remind and ask our CSRs, would they  prefer a work call right at 8AM or after they've gotten situated.  I like the customer tag idea, we currently don't do that but it would def help our workflows.  We typically start outbound calling after our huddles around 8:30-9AM.  

meganwatson
New Contributor II

We start ours at 9:00am too! Unless it is a customer that has no heat for example and we got a part in, allowing us to return, we will call as soon as we get in at 7:30am. It just depends on the importance of the call.

Miranda

We wait until 9 for most of our outbounding. I would be okay with a text at 8 because I can respond whenever I get to it, but 8 is too early for someone to call me. I feel like 9 is a reasonable time. @RandiThompson I like the "call in PM" tag idea!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

RandiThompson

We start ours at 9:00 and don't usually get much pushback. You could always make a "call in PM" tag if you have specific people who don't like early morning calls. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating