Parent/child customers

asgmidwest
New Contributor

We are new to ST.  Our Go Live is on 7/13 and I am semi freaking out.  1 of the features we currently have with out software is the ability to have Parent customers and child customers.  I am being told that ST does not offer this feature.  For example, we work with a large corporation and within that corporation there are area reps.  When the area reps need a service performed we book that sub under the "child account" which is the are rep but the parent rep remains the main nationwide company.  Is there a workaround for this?  

8 REPLIES 8

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Take a deep breath!!! It does get easier I promise!!! I second what the others are saying you can should be able to achieve this with Customer/locations. If you are going live on the 13th I would assume your data is transferred??? You can go to next.servicetitan.com to practice!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Chayo80

Hi, ST can be scary at first and overwhelming, please communicate with your onboard rep, they are typically very helpful and will provide information on how to navigate the features and understand the workflows. I would also recommended signing up for the Ember sessions, this is another resource with weekly sessions to help new onboarded companies. Watch the videos on the Academy, get familiar with Knowledge base and Community. You will love ST!, hang in there 😎

AshleyB

I 100000% agree with you about EmberSessions! Scroll up to the top of the page on Community it's under Programs. It's a great program to help you get started and teach you a good foundation of ServiceTitan and it's FREE!

MirandaMel

ServiceTitan definitely feels like a beast when you first start with it.  I second what the others are saying about Customer/Location.  Try to go through as many relevant Academy courses as you can before your go live date (even though it is just a week away).

Use the community to reach out...there are a lot of Torch Network members and a lot of ST Certified Admins.  We will all do our best to help you and guide you through the odd things you might come across!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

AshleyB

Hey, @asgmidwest Welcome to ServiceTitan!!!! Could you create a customer as the parent and add a location as the child? You can add multiple locations to a customer and you will still see all the information for both. Would that possibly work for you?

I am not sure.  I cannot even figure out how to create a job. I am really regretting signing up for Service Titan. 

AshleyB

You got this! Have you checked out the Academy? This is a short video to help you through the process. I highly suggest watching this video and following along on another screen. Job Booking Basics Overview

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@asgmidwest you could definitely create a (parent) customer record and add each (child) location record to distinguish the accounts as @AshleyB suggested. Many commercial and residential customers do this for larger corps. or property management companies! Lean on us here at Titan Community, we're here to help make your transition smoother. Are you working with an implementation team and/or certified provider through this onboarding phase?

Sheena @ NiFT