Office space set up

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hello fellow Lady Titans! 👋

I hope everyone is doing well! We currently have on average 2-3 office staff in our office at one time but in the near future, this will be growing to 3-4. We are going to be bringing in another desk and are thinking of using this as an opportunity to re-arrange our office space and make it more inviting. Currently where we are located, we do not get much foot traffic/many clients stop in in person. We would love any suggestions you have or to see photos of your small office spaces! Currently, we have one rectangular open room to work with that is attached to our shop/warehouse. Do your CSRs have their own individual stations with walls to avoid distraction or do you prefer open concept to encourage open conversations amongst the team? We would love to hear your thoughts! Please drop them below and help us out! 🙏 Looking forward to hearing your answers and seeing your photos! 😊

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
7 REPLIES 7

rgoit67
New Contributor III

We are currently doing the same thing; we are a plumbing business. I would be really grateful for any suggestions or images. We also battle a sound ( echo ) problem 🙂  HELP 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions and opinions on what has or hasn't worked for you! I greatly appreciate it. 🙂

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

JustineWelton
New Contributor II

We have a semi open space. I think that it is great for communication, but it is very distracting. Our set up is the desks that have the tall backing, it provides a wall like set up. If you face that tall backing as if everyone is facing each other, but in different corners of the room; It'll cut out the echo and the noise that travels. Another thing that helps is having an indicator as to whom is on the phone. Currently we look at our phones and there is a red light next to the extension to show someone is on a call. I know there are other options out there, especially indicators that work with Microsoft Teams.

jenn_comfortmax
New Contributor III

I have worked in an open space with other CSRs and it was very distracting.  I couldn't hear the customer very well on the phone.  It is nice to have all the CSRs in one area but it is distracting. 

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

For me personally, I would rather have walled cubicles to eliminate distractions. I would struggle to focus on my customers during phone calls if I was in an open concept office where there was much conversation happening.

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

christiew821
New Contributor III

We have 2 receptionists, that sit in the front, with our office manager and then our sales team is in the back. I think keeping people grouped together has helped us out a lot.

Christie Richards
Lowry Doors

SarahFritz
Contributor

We currently have open space here. Personally, it lends for a lot of distractions and interruptions.