Easily Identify Technician Who Sold Service Plan for Dispatching

jmurdock
New Contributor

Is there a way to identify in a job booked or on the service location screen the name of the technician who sold a service plan membership. We're looking for an easier way to see the information quickly so that we can send the original tech back to their customer. Right now we must go through multiple clicks and search for date sold and look at who ran a job that day. This is time consuming and sometimes not readily accessible.

5 REPLIES 5

mquigley
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

It would be good if it suggests a technician based on how many times they have been to a customer in the past so we can develop a relationship with the customer 

AmberC
Contributor II

@jmurdock I think this would definitely be worth suggesting on the ideas page for future consideration by our development team! In the mean time, the above suggestions are great alternative solutions. You also could add a note to the location page, pin it, etc. when the membership is sold. Screenshot 2022-07-26 183142.png

rstare

You could set the 'preferred technician' on the location page when a tech sells a membership - still a bit of manual work up front, but then should save that work from later going into each membership to check

courtney28
New Contributor

We created a tag with the technicians initials & Diamond Club and added to the Customer Page, such as: NGDC. It really helps us find their technician super easy. We also made sure that it is displayed on the dispatch board for easy visibility. Hope this helps  🙂

GLevine
New Contributor III

Hi @jmurdock! I am not seeing an easy way to view that directly from the location record without having to go into the edit pencil to see who is marked as the sold by. One possibility could be to create a custom "Sold By" field and attach it to the location or Membership record. This field would have to be manually filled out after selling a membership, however, this will allow that information to be in the center of the location or membership record. Another option could be looking at the Membership Audit Trail within a customer's membership record. I will also take a further look into this to see if I can come up with any other ideas, but if someone has any other suggestions, feel free to chime in!