Integrate Technician Route Planning/GPS Software

Justus
New Contributor II

Would love to see a software integration, or if ServiceTitan would like to build this out in-house, a route planning/GPS feature for technicians. There are a number of benefits to this:

1) Efficient routes that could allow for more jobs to be scheduled each day

2) Save company on travel expenses due to inefficient scheduling/routes (gas, maintenance, etc.)

3) Tracking of technicians for accountability 

...and a few others specific to our company.

Similar to Mapquest Route Planner, if something similar is integrated, the technicians will be able to visually see their route on their iPads/tablets at the beginning of the day, and at anytime appointments are modified, shifted, etc. Everything is real time as it has been with dispatching, arriving, working, etc. The GPS portion of it would simply track along with the route planned. Any deviation can be used for accountability. 

With the recession here, the goal is to tighten up and become even more efficient overall. I believe a route planner/GPS feature would help in this.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Justus
New Contributor II

COMMUNITY-I-2101

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

voting!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Justus
New Contributor II

Thank you rthompso! Hopefully the route planning and GPS is all in there. 

RandiThompson

Fleet Pro is supposed to be rolling out soon! They are integrating with Azuga so hopefully these features will be available. We are using Azuga now and waiting on the beta integration! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea! I suggest sharing this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board in case it's not on the roadmap for Fleet Pro. At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions