New Customers being defaulted to Non-Taxable

thogan
New Contributor III

A few members of my office staff alerted me that this morning (5/5/22) Each new customer that called in and was booked was being defaulted to a Non-Taxable customer status. Did something change, and is there a way to revert this setting? The change seems to have affected both of the 2 companies we have on Service Titan.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are new commercial customers being marked tax-exempt as well? There is a back-end feature: "When creating a new customer all residential customers will default to tax-exempt while Commercial customers will be set as taxable. (Common for Texas)"

View solution in original post

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There was an error where that back-end feature got toggled for multiple accounts accidentally. It should now be reverted. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Nevermind, created a new commercial to test- not happening for commercial. @BCN 

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Issue should be resolved now

kd3004
New Contributor II

This is happening across our whole franchise... This is not a feature we want turned on, everything we do in NC is taxable! Just started today

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There was an error where that back-end feature got toggled for multiple accounts accidentally. It should now be reverted. 

lacygrant

I have a customer we created today and it did not revert back. How do I get it fixed to make the customer taxable?

JessicaSmith

I had this happen at one of my tenants today too! Support and my CSM are looking into it. Interesting to see that it's not just us.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

thogan
New Contributor III

Thanks for responding both on here and FBSTM! haha

JessicaSmith

You're welcome 😂 Figured there's a lot of people there who wouldn't see my answer here!