Forms for Office Use ONLY

aburkett
New Contributor

Is there a way to use a form for office use only?
Certain managerial tasks that are not associated with a job or customer would be much easier to track if forms were usable by office only. 
Here is a specific example: When we have technicians changing vehicles, we need to be able to fill out a vehicle change form that provides our fleet manager, specific warehouse staff, specific office staff, and specific managers with the data housed inside the form.
I have the form created that I would like to use - I'm even using the conditional logic that has recently been added (which is VERY useful).
Any/All suggestions/fixes would be welcome.

7 REPLIES 7

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Agreed.  Would also be nice to force the non-Job technician forms to be completed before the techs can see jobs.  Things like forcing watching a training video, acknowledging open enrollment needing to get done, or vehicle inspections before they can move onto their jobs would be huge.  

Element Mist

reneem

You can make office only ones, but they are still attached to the job. I am hoping since they came out with non-job forms for mobile, that the office side would be next! I want people to be able to do time off requests or surveys, etc. through the office side too! Even something like the content portal on Office would be cool.... ohhh might go add that idea in now!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

AdamCronenberg

Gotcha, it would have to be assigned to a job.  There is non-job technician forms but I dont think there is anything currently like that just for office staff that isnt tied to a specific job or project.  My suggestion then would be to take a look at Task Management as you dont have to tie those to a specific job or even customer but it wont give you the same drop down questionnaire like a form but you will get visibility and can create specific task types for the things you are trying to keep track of and make sure get done.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

One of the options when setting up a form is for it to display on office side only for for both office and technician.  You would just need to select that option when creating the form you want.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Office Side Forms.PNG

Element Mist

But how is the form accessed in the office?
The next selection down is for it to be assigned to a Job/Call/Customer/Location/Equipment/Technician...
How can a fellow employee have access to the form since it isn't associated with any of those selections above?
We haven't been able to utilize forms in the office because we don't have a way to assign them to an employee that isn't a technician. I hope I'm just overlooking something obvious.
Thanks in advance for any extra help!

AdamCronenberg

And I agree, conditional logic is very useful!

Element Mist