Grouping common tasks and adding to project

nj1stcho
New Contributor

Howdy!  Our install projects have a consistent list of tasks that the coordinator needs to perform and it would be helpful to add them all at once instead of each task/subtask individually.  It's a rather long list of tasks and I don't mind taking the time to create the list once, but to do it for every install is why it doesn't get done.  In this situation, I'd like to create a list of commonly performed tasks (e.g.: create job folder, fill out permits, order equipment, etc) that can be used to create groups and added to any project.  Bonus if the tasks are selectable/un-selectable to customize the group to the project instead of creating different groups for each type of install, but I'll take what I can get.  Is there any way currently to accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Do you use Zapier?  This sounds like something that it could do.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

JessicaSmith

I JUST created a zap to do this! When an install estimate sells, it creates a task with subtasks for each of the things the install coordinator needs to do. Next I'm going to make another zap for when the install completes that does the same thing.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

@JessicaSmith do you find that your zaps break anytime there is an ST update?  We keep having to go in and fix them.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE

JessicaSmith

They did in Zapier 2.0 but I haven't noticed it since Zapier 3.0

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

Thanks, I will need to keep an eye on this.  We hesitate to use a ton of zaps for that reason.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE