Unmanaging a Technician

Balex
New Contributor

What steps need to be taken in order to Deactivate or move a Tech to Unmanaged?  I am trying to Deactivate a Tech but I am getting  - Error: Cannot deactivate technician as it conflicts with managed-technician rules. I am not sure where to go in order to do this...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RyanGay
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Balex,

This happens when the managed technician is still assigned to jobs that are pending. You will need to make sure all jobs this tech is assigned to are marked as completed. Once this is taken care of you can unmanage the tech and deactivate their account.  

Another tip:  I would suggest exporting all the invoices that the technician is assigned to as well. If you don't you will have to reactivate the technician and make him/her managed again in order to export the invoices. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Balex
New Contributor

Awesome!! Thank you!  Is there a report I can pull that will tell me the future assignments?  Is there a report that can tell me the open invoices we still have the Techs assigned to so I can make sure they are Exported?

AdamCronenberg

You can either run a simple search and find jobs that are scheduled or on hold with that tech assigned to it or you could set up a custom report to find this information and also include the status of the invoice with jobs assigned to the tech so you can export them and then Deactivate the Tech.  I would advise leaving them managed as you deactivate them so you can create an adjustment invoice at a later date if needed otherwise if an adjustment invoice is needed, you will have to reactivate the tech just to make the adjustment, and then deactivate the tech.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Also, if you still want the tech to be able to get scheduled reports and perhaps review payroll if you are using the payroll approval after their term date, you will want to make sure you just remove their mobile access until you are ready to fully deactivate them (once your payroll period ends)

Element Mist

RyanGay

Balex,

This happens when the managed technician is still assigned to jobs that are pending. You will need to make sure all jobs this tech is assigned to are marked as completed. Once this is taken care of you can unmanage the tech and deactivate their account.  

Another tip:  I would suggest exporting all the invoices that the technician is assigned to as well. If you don't you will have to reactivate the technician and make him/her managed again in order to export the invoices.