When updating customer records/locations you now can update multiple unrelated records...WHY????

TRyder
New Contributor

When updating customer records/locations you now can update multiple unrelated records, this is just a mess waiting to happen with one wrong click!  Who at ST thought this was a good idea?   I was updating a new customer's email address yesterday and it literally gave me the option to update over 300 records that were not relevant to this client.  Why can't they update things that are needed instead of creating more issues...

5 REPLIES 5

BKripp19
Contributor

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-6057 Please vote for them to let us keep the option to use the old version! We are gaining traction and they have switched the status of my idea to "future consideration" the more votes, the more they will take us seriously!

DawnGouthro
New Contributor

I noticed this as well. It will happen when you update an email from the one you put in to hold the space. I'm sure you had to put your own email address in order to get that customer in the system, so when you go to change it from your email it wants to change all of the other customers in the system attached to your email, which most of us have several! Something to watch out for. 

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-6057 Please vote for them to let us keep the option to use the old version! 

SandraY
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I liked this new feature until I realized it only updates the memo for each contact method. It won't add a new phone number or email to the selected records, which is irritatingly inefficient.

Having 300+ options does sound like a bug within ST, though; I agree with Miranda - you should reach out to support about that.

MirandaMel

This might be something that ST would want to know about as it doesn't appear that is the way the new update would work.  @BCN does this seem accurate?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning