Dispatch Availability

DanielleT
New Contributor II

Our office went live with ServiceTitan in May, and we have now officially gotten rid of the separate "radio" app that we were using for our office and field teams to communicate. That app would also show if someone was offline or on DND due to being out at lunch, off for the day, etc. 

Is anyone using anything within ServiceTitan that the field techs can see, that shows when someone is available? The big question coming from our guys is how do they know who is available to call if they are out in the field, and need office support? Or does everyone have their field team call into your main office line, or have any other suggestions for what you do that makes things smooth?

Danielle Thompson
Greiner Heating, Air & Electric
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We have a designated team member that they call first, then they have a backup to call.  The other option is to use the messaging function in ST although I find it pretty busy with chatter on it with other notifications.  We also use WhatsApp for company correspondence.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RandiThompson

Everyone of our techs has an assigned dispatcher and field manager and each of them have a company cell phone. If the tech needs anything dispatch related they text or call their dispatcher first, if no answer within 5 minutes they call the office line. When the dispatcher goes to lunch her company phone is handed off to another dispatcher to cover. 

For mass communication we use the text feature on the dispatch board. Just remember that is public and everyone in your company with permission to view it can see all the conversations. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Thank you! I will talk to our Service Managers about this to see if that may be a helpful solution for them, we definitely do like the messaging from the Dispatch board for a lot of communication, but yes I've had to send out a couple reminders that it is a shared chat. 

Thank you!

Danielle Thompson

MirandaMel

We have a designated team member that they call first, then they have a backup to call.  The other option is to use the messaging function in ST although I find it pretty busy with chatter on it with other notifications.  We also use WhatsApp for company correspondence.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Thank you!

I know that our techs use WhatsApp to communicate with each other, so that is something they wouldn't be against. I had everyone in the office in order on our Radio app previously, so they knew which ones to call first, if they were available. We are trying to find a way now for them to quickly do that for times like scheduled lunches, or days off, without them needing to remember everyone's schedules. I appreciate your response!

Danielle Thompson