I cant be the only one who thinks the new search is awful. why hasnt it seen any improvements?

raudet
New Contributor

This seems like terrible design to me and i dont really see any options on the page to save settings. so when i first goto search i can sometimes only see 4 jobs on the screen while over half my screen is just empty space because the frame isnt big enough.

I use a vertical display for long form content like searching and reading pdfs. So yea on a horizontal display the frame is auto resizing to fit the frame so its a LITTLE better... showing 7 jobs out of 20 instead of 4 out of 20.

With the old search i could see all 20 out of 20 per page. I have to manually resize all fields every time i goto the search page.  even with everything set to have the rows as thin as possible i can still only see 13 out of 20 due to the frame not resizing for height as well as width. 

I switch monitors depending on the task I am using search for so most the time its on the landscape display so it doesnt look as gross as the portrait examples i will show here but even in landscape i have 1/4 of the bottom of my screen is blank space. I get the feeling a lot of this stuff is designed for 1920x1080 at best so me running 3 monitors at 2560x1440 is probably outside the normal use case but still? more options better than none?

Perhaps I am missing some options somewhere or this part of ST is just an after thought. Half my work is done through the search page so its just always in my face

search1.pngsearch2.png

2 REPLIES 2

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

There is a new search in the works. Not sure when it will be released, but they are working on it and it is much better!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

Zachkays

I am not aware of any settings for the search screen, I use it very often myself. I do not know what workflow you are using the search screen for, but have you tried custom reports and scheduling them. It may be a way to get the data you need in a more customizable format and you even have the option to export the report to excel. Anything you are doing in the search screen can be made into a customer report the runs at any interval that you select and all the rows and columns are customizable.  

Intelligent Design Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Solar, & Electric
Tucson, AZ