Removing Bulk Phone Numbers?

CodyWans
New Contributor II

Due to our workflow we end up adding the technicians phone number to the customers profile on every job. Is there a way to provide a list of our technicians phone numbers and have them removed from those profiles at the end of the day or on our request?

When the Technician is on the Job, the phone number gets added to the customer profile so our office staff can call the technicians phone, and have a recorded conversation with the customer. This leads to marketing updates going to Technicians when the notification button is not unchecked. And also integration issues when we go to export contact information for use on other platforms. 

Not adding the technicians phone number is not an option. The reliable solution we want is to be able to easily remove these phone numbers at our request.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

MadisonPCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@CodyWans I'm curious, what does your staff need to call the technician for while on the job? Can this be turned into a text conversation or even better, a form?

Article regarding texting technicians https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/mass-text-disp-board

Madison Moritz

CodyWans
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, however as stated above, the phone number gets added to the customer profile so our office staff can call the technicians phone, and have a recorded conversation with the customer. And, not adding the technicians phone number is not an option. The reliable solution we want is to be able to easily remove these phone numbers, from any profile they may be on, at our request.

I understand there may not be a solution for this and we may have to change the workflow, but a change like that is harder than the solution I am inquiring about. I'm simply need to know if what I inquired is possible, weather it be through the application or API. 

seth_pea
New Contributor II

I understand needed to have recorded conversations with the customers. I am not aware of any way to delete/edit information across multiple customers at once in bulk, but a call to tech support would confirm.

As for recording those conversations, we use phones pro (which I am assuming you are using as well to record the conversations) and I have found that with my configuration the calls are also recorded and saved on dialpad's website in call history (more easily accessible on their website than on their desktop app). These call recordings can be shared/stored with a web link.

With that in mind, one workflow might be to start using the recording from dialpad and saving the link as a note on the job. This way you would not have to add the technician's phone number. Doing this would not save the recording directly under the calls tab on the job but you would still keep the recording documented and accessible.