What Causes QuickBooks Error 1328 and How to Fix It

laxeji7532
New Contributor

Has anyone encountered QuickBooks Error 1328 during an update or installation? This error is preventing me from completing the process, and I’m unsure how to resolve it. I’ve tried restarting my computer and re-downloading the installer, but the issue remains. Any tips or solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error 1328 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ammyvirk677
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 1328 usually occurs during the installation or update process of QuickBooks software. This error is often linked to issues with the installation files or problems with your system's Windows Installer.

Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1328:

1. Corrupt Installation Files: Damaged or incomplete QuickBooks installation files.
  2. Windows Installer Issues: Problems with the Windows Installer service or registry settings.
  3. Conflicting Software: Conflicts with other software or antivirus programs.

Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328 :

1. Reboot Your System: Restart your computer to clear temporary issues.
  2. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: Download and run this tool to fix installation problems.
  3. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your Windows OS is up-to-date.
  4. Reinstall QuickBooks: Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks to replace corrupt files.

If issues persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ammyvirk677
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 1328 usually occurs during the installation or update process of QuickBooks software. This error is often linked to issues with the installation files or problems with your system's Windows Installer.

Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1328:

1. Corrupt Installation Files: Damaged or incomplete QuickBooks installation files.
  2. Windows Installer Issues: Problems with the Windows Installer service or registry settings.
  3. Conflicting Software: Conflicts with other software or antivirus programs.

Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328 :

1. Reboot Your System: Restart your computer to clear temporary issues.
  2. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: Download and run this tool to fix installation problems.
  3. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your Windows OS is up-to-date.
  4. Reinstall QuickBooks: Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks to replace corrupt files.

If issues persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.