How to designate Designate Lead Technician on a job

Jase1000
New Contributor III

Is there a way to designate a lead technician on a job?  We are creating scheduled report of open jobs by technicians.  Currently when there are multiple technicians assigned we are not getting actionable data.  Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

AConleyPCG
New Contributor II

@Jase1000 On the Open Jobs Report you have the option to select and add the column "Primary technician" to the report. How ServiceTitan decides who that primary technician assigned is based on the technician with the highest split on the job. If all the technicians have the same split %, the primary technician will be the first one assigned to the appointment. 

Non-Managed technicians (helpers) cannot be assigned splits therefore the split would allocate to the Managed technician (lead). 

I hope you find this information helpful. 

PCG 

Alishia C
https://mypowerhouse.group/

Jase1000
New Contributor III

Going to show my ignorance; what is a split?  I am new to the industry & ST.  Organization hired me to help understand how to use ST and make recommendations for improvements.  Apparently, when they initially implemented, minimal support from ST.  Additionally I am struggling to get customer support to respond to my questions.  Thank you in advance

MadisonPCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@Jase1000 Splits are assigned from the job invoice page. They are used to offer performance pay and also pull data into KPIs. The sum of all splits must total 100% on an invoice. When a tech is first dispatched to the job they will receive 100% of the split. If the split needs to be shared among other techs, this would require a manual adjusmment by the office personnel.

Madison Moritz

JTseng
New Contributor

Hello! We have a KPI for "Primary Technician" on the Jobs dataset in reports. This is pulling the assigned technician with highest split percentage. If multiple technicians have the same splits, the first technician assigned will show. We recommend assigning the your Primary technician to the job first, as well as giving said technician 100% of the splits.