Is it possible for technician to see customers history in mobile app?

lnorse5588
New Contributor III

We try to send the same technician to the customer so the customer seems the same tech. But same times that isn't possible.  It would be handy for them to view the history and notes from previous jobs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @lnorse5588 -- yes, it's possible and encouraged for the reason you mentioned. Go to tech profile>servicetitan mobile access>it's called "Appointment History Visibility" you can select the last 3-7 days or month but I recommend you allow them to see "All jobs."

Here's a snippet of where you can find this on a technician profile:

historymobile.png

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jennifer62
New Contributor

I would like to get some clarification on this topic from other ST users if possible. I work with two companies who use ST. I have configured all technicians at both companies to have the same setting, and to have the ability to see "all jobs" in ST Mobile Access.

All my technicians in "Company A" can see all previous job history (even jobs/photos/notes that other technicians completed or uploaded). Technicians in "Company B" can sometimes see previous history (jobs, invoices, photos, attachments) and sometimes they cannot.

When I reach out to ST technical support regarding the inaccessibility of the history on the mobile side, they tell me: "I have checked that there isn't a possibility for the technicians to view previous jobs and previous job data unless they are assigned to that job."

I know this isn't true because "Company A" never has a problem seeing any history on the mobile side. 

Does anyone have any experience or advice with this that they are willing to share? 

Doug_Ackerman
New Contributor II

When the tech is using the History tab on the job and chooses Photos & Videos, are there any restrictions or limitations of what can be seen?  For example, can you only see a certain number of photos, or a certain size video?  Also, can you see photos and videos from any other job outside the Project?  Finally, can you only view photos, videos, and pdfs?  What about Word, or Excel files?  Thanks.

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Even without all that history turned on, I believe if a technician is at the job, they can see all the historical activity related to that job.  Any previous work, any previous estimates, all the notes that have been left, etc.  That history filter that Sheena is referring to allows the technician to look backward at previous completed jobs.  Some shops like letting their guys see the history of the jobs that they have done and others dont want them to see that information at all as they dont want to give the technician his "customer list".

Element Mist

Sheena_Palacios

You're right, Adam! I tested just to ensure with or without it is accessible 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @lnorse5588 -- yes, it's possible and encouraged for the reason you mentioned. Go to tech profile>servicetitan mobile access>it's called "Appointment History Visibility" you can select the last 3-7 days or month but I recommend you allow them to see "All jobs."

Here's a snippet of where you can find this on a technician profile:

historymobile.png

Sheena @ NiFT