Technician assignment of Labor type

PStaples
New Contributor

For companies that have technicians who's work would fall under multiple labor types, it would be a great improvement to efficiency if labor types could be assigned in more places then just the technician profile or on a completed time sheet. Ideally to improve workflows the technician would be able to assign their labor type when clocking into a job or the labor type for the technician would be able to be assigned at the appointment level from the office. Putting this ability in the technicians hands would be the best outcome being they are on site for the work being preformed and are the most up to date on any scheduling changes that may have happened for the work they are preforming. To limit the need for assigning additional appointments to one technician for one location for one day an additional feature improvement could be for them to clock out of one labor type on an appointment and into another. We have yet to be able to find a work around for this besides manually changing the labor type assignment in each technicians timesheet, which is a burden on our overhead employees resulting in more overhead expense. 

3 REPLIES 3

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @PStaples -- I'm not privy to your current setup but, I'm wondering if either timesheet or earnings codes would be beneficial for this situation. You could determine if it's hourly vs. non-hourly, etc. Check it out in your settings and see if it would help.

Sheena @ NiFT

The only setting I have are timesheet codes I do not see earning codes. This will not work for us from what I can see in our current configuration these are only for non job events and these are all job and project related activities. 

Thank you for the reply if there is a different config I need to asked to be turned on to let me see other setting please let me know and I will get with my success manager. 

Sheena_Palacios

Yes, definitely reach out to your CSM and find out if this option is available within your ST product package and then let them know what you're trying to accomplish.

Sheena @ NiFT