Keeping track of jobs that we ordered material for

Martinlogan9
New Contributor III

Does anyone have a workflow for keeping track of jobs, that are still in progress but you are waiting on material that you had ordered? We do not use the purchase order feature in ST. We have a number of jobs that after the first appt, we need to order special items to complete the job. Often we do not know when these items are coming in, as special/custom material take some time. 

We are looking for a "workflow" or process to keep track of these jobs, so they do not get "lost" 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

douglaspeperosa
New Contributor II

We put these jobs on hold with a note indicating that we are awaiting materials. Then, once a week, I search out the jobs on hold (Go to Search -> Filter for Job Status: Hold) and follow up with the overseeing Managers regarding the status of materials for those jobs. We are a very large company, and we normally don't have more than a page & a half of jobs on hold (ie. this isn't very time-consuming).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

douglaspeperosa
New Contributor II

We put these jobs on hold with a note indicating that we are awaiting materials. Then, once a week, I search out the jobs on hold (Go to Search -> Filter for Job Status: Hold) and follow up with the overseeing Managers regarding the status of materials for those jobs. We are a very large company, and we normally don't have more than a page & a half of jobs on hold (ie. this isn't very time-consuming).

Thank you for this insight! 

betdeb88
New Contributor II

I create tasks for parts that need to be ordered.  You will get daily emails reminding you and can assign the task to different people that will receive the email as well. I like to use the job number when creating a task.  Tasks only show up on the customer page. I do wish they showed up on the location page as well. I have started pinning notes on top of the location page that a task has been made.  

Thanks!