Updating material costs

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

How is everyone efferently updating their material costs in the pricebook. I'm working on my "fall list" and dynamic pricing is on the list which will require an overhaul of our pricebook. But the first issue I'm concerned with is keeping the material cost up to date, we currently have weighted average cost turned on but I'm pretty sure that wont work with dynamic pricing. We don't want to turn off the "automatically create a bill" in the purchasing settings because that creates a whole new set of problems. So I'm hoping someone has a fantastic way of doing this already!! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating
8 REPLIES 8

RandiThompson

@JessicaSmith another question while I have your ear, when using dynamic pricing if we have multiple vendors with different prices for 1 material what does it use to calculate? 

Randi Thompson

JessicaSmith

I believe it will use the one you have marked as PRIMARY VENDOR

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

⬆️Yup, what she said!! 

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

MirandaMel

We do it as a manual thing...I am a parts person by trade so it is my specialty.  I found it works best when the order is being created to update the pricing.  It is a slow process for sure.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

JessicaSmith

Do you have any vendors that connect to ST? We buy a large amount of our materials and equipment from Johnstone- the integration keeps costs up to date!

For the vendors that aren't integrated, I just use the Vendor-Material Cost Import to update pricing. It's fairly easy if you have vendor part number in the system, are familiar with XLOOKUP, and receive your price increases via spreadsheet. (Read: not fairly easy)

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

RandiThompson

@JessicaSmith when you say "integrated" do you mean the catalog or a different integration? And no on the XLOOKUP but I just googled it and 🤯

Randi Thompson

JessicaSmith

I mean the Procure to Pay integration!!

RandiThompson

I just looked that up in the knowledge base...sounds AMAZING but none of our vendors are on there 😭

Randi Thompson