No charge/ Non-opportunity feature

ConstantinRadu2
New Contributor III

I believe this should be 2 separate options. Just because a job is a no charge doesn't mean its a non-opportunity as well (i.e. Estimate Jobs). I know that if an estimate with a sub-total equal or greater than the job's sold threshold is sold on a No charge/ Non-opportunity job, this is automatically converted to a closed opportunity. However, it is only included in the "Closed Opportunity" column and not in the "Opportunities" or "Replacement Opportunities" ones. For example if a technicians runs 3 estimate calls (which have $0 invoices) that are marked No charge, and sells an estimate on all 3, the report will show zero opportunity calls and 3 closed opportunities.

Does anyone have a better interpretation of this or is there something I'm missing here?  

5 REPLIES 5

Mark1
New Contributor II

To me the estimate calls you mentioned should be classified as opportunities if they are quoting something for a customer. A no charge warranty or recall is not an opportunity. A no charge quote should be an opportunity in my opinion, since they are expected to offer and sell a service to the customer. This sounds more like a job classification error than an error in reporting of the software.   

ConstantinRadu2
New Contributor III

We are using the "Technician Performance" template, but if a job marked No Charge/ Non-Opportunity with a sold estimate over the threshold is included in the count of jobs converted but not in the count of opportunity jobs, the conversion rate is not accurate. 

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @ConstantinRadu2 -- it's exactly as you stated, it makes it so the job is not expected to be a conversion opportunity to sell on the job. So if marked it will not count as an opportunity for those techs on the job to sell. But if they do sell and it is above the set job type sold threshold then they WILL get credit for the converted opportunity. The biggest factor is that techs will get the converted opportunity credit on those jobs and this is mainly what they would get commissioned on, and not whether or not the job is meant to be upsold.

Sheena @ NiFT

@Sheena_Palacios  thank you for your reply. The issue I see with the job only being added to closed opportunities is not getting an accurate conversion rate. We use closing rates to rank out techs and can not use this KPI if it shows a tech ran 5 opportunities and converted 8.  

Sheena_Palacios

Hey @ConstantinRadu2 -- if it's conversion rate you're measuring, there's a kpi titled "opportunity conversion rate" which uses the count of converted jobs divided by the count of "opportunity" jobs. You can find this and other conversion metrics under the "Technician Performance" reporting template. Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT