Various Job Types on Single Appointment

sanapol
New Contributor

What are your best practices for tracking Job Types with various different types of services performed on the same appointment? For example, a customer calls in and they have two separate issues; 1) Garbage Disposal Installation and 2) Toilet Repair.  How are you classifying this job type?  We currently use a various service Job Type but from a reporting & analytics perspective these various jobs get lost in this one catch all bucket and I can't see how many garbage disposals we installed during a specific period.  

3 REPLIES 3

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We use a "Multiple Problems" job type. If you are looking to get more granular reporting, I would report on the tasks used not on the job type. Assuming your tech would add a "replaced garbage disposal" task and a "fixed something on the toilet" (sorry I'm HVAC lol) task then you should be able to pull the info your looking for. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Miranda

I would book them all separate and in a project is not a bad idea. The hardest part about that is getting the techs to tell you when they switch jobs. I would be glad for tips on how to get them to tell you!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

MirandaMel

You could create it as a project and then add jobs to it with various job types.  Then you can track the project costing and status.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning