open jobs by customer report

billwebb
New Contributor

has anyone requested or know where i can find an open jobs by customer report?  I have several customers that have multiple locations ( like 20 to 50 ) and i would like a daily report that i can send to them with job status to keep them informed and eliminate several calls a day made to our dispatch office requesting this information.  

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael21
Contributor III

Perhaps an even easier way would be to use the existing job status report, called just "Job Status".  After selecting the report, add customer ID and/or customer name to the columns.  Change the "filter by" option from completion date to creation date.  Run the report.  When the report is displayed, click the funnel on the completion date column and select the "is null" filter.  This will exclude any job that isn't open.  Then click the funnel on the customer ID or name and select the customer you want displayed.  That's your report.  You can, of course, add or subtract columns from the "Edit Columns" button as you wish.  And, btw, once you have the report as you want it, you can save its defaults so you don't have to make these changes the next time you run it.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

billwebb
New Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input.  I will give the custom report a shot and see what i can come up with....have a great day!

michael21
Contributor III

Thanks, wch-alex, I appreciate the kudo.

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Lol, of course I like to see others being active in the community and giving other ways to complete different tasks as there is 100+ ways to complete the same task with a very similar or exact same result.

michael21
Contributor III

Perhaps an even easier way would be to use the existing job status report, called just "Job Status".  After selecting the report, add customer ID and/or customer name to the columns.  Change the "filter by" option from completion date to creation date.  Run the report.  When the report is displayed, click the funnel on the completion date column and select the "is null" filter.  This will exclude any job that isn't open.  Then click the funnel on the customer ID or name and select the customer you want displayed.  That's your report.  You can, of course, add or subtract columns from the "Edit Columns" button as you wish.  And, btw, once you have the report as you want it, you can save its defaults so you don't have to make these changes the next time you run it.

wch_alex

For this you will want to create a custom report. You will probably want to make sure "Status" is selected.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 092317.png

Then hit next and name your report, then go hit next again and I would select these options (picture below).

Screenshot 2022-05-25 092744_LI.jpg

I am not sure what you classify as an open job but here is an example of the jobs we have on hold. These statuses are similar to the status on the bottom of the dispatch board. Then when you are done you need to click the 3 dots next to the name of your report (Jobs Open in my case) and select schedule and from there you can schedule the report accordingly.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 093139.png

Let me know if you have any questions or need help scheduling the report.